Etelka Bogardi is a financial services regulatory lawyer based in Hong Kong.
Etelka advises international financial institutions, investment funds, intermediaries and insurance companies on compliance with regulatory laws. She is particularly familiar with financial services legislation, implementation, licensing and authorization issues, banking and intermediaries supervision and conduct matters, and cross-border regulatory issues (including co-operation with foreign and international supervisory bodies), as well as legal issues relating to the development of the financial infrastructure of Hong Kong. Etelka has over 10 years' experience working in Hong Kong, most recently as Senior Counsel at the Hong Kong Monetary Authority.
- Advising a number of financial institutions in relation to licensing and authorization issues in Hong Kong
- Advising a private bank on the regulatory aspects of the launch of investment products in Hong Kong
- Advising a number of major financial institutions on investigations conducted by the HKMA
- Advising a leading Bitcoin exchange on the regulatory treatment of Bitcoins and in relation to anti-money laundering matters
- Advising a leading US broker-dealer in respect of regulatory issues relating to a swap execution facility
- Advising a number of domestic and international banks in respect of regulatory issues relating to the supervision by the HKMA (including licensing, change of controlling shareholders and reporting obligations)
- Advising a Hong Kong listed financial institution with its headquarters in the PRC in relation to a proposed hybrid capital issuance for regulatory capital purposes
- Advising a European bank on the restructuring of its Hong Kong branch
- Advising a number of entities in relation to money lenders' licensing issues in Hong Kong
- Advising a number of financial institutions on jurisdictional regulatory reviews
- Advising an Australian financial services provider on Hong Kong regulations regarding leveraged foreign exchange trading
- Solicitor, qualified in England & Wales 2003
- Solicitor, qualified in Hong Kong 2009
Welcome to the ninth edition of Global asset management quarterly..
May 17, 2018
In this issue of Insights, we speak with Etelka Bogardi, our new financial services regulatory partner based in Hong Kong, who joined us from the Hong Kong Monetary Authority..
March 16, 2018