Manfred Dietrich is a financial services lawyer based in Luxembourg. He is the investment funds and regulatory partner in the Luxembourg Office.
Manfred advises clients on setting-up, restructuring, marketing, operation and liquidation of Luxembourg investment funds and vehicles. He also advises managers, depositaries and service providers in the funds sector on the structuring, setting-up and operation of their Luxembourg entities. Manfred is furthermore involved in advising EU and non-EU investment managers on the implementation and compliance with the EU AIFM Directive in Luxembourg. While Manfred's main activity since 2005 is in the field of alternative investments - with a focus on Private Equity, Venture Capital, Real Estate and similarly structured products but also including Hedge Funds and other funds employing strategies based on derivative financial instruments - he has a solid experience in the field of UCITS.
Manfred has over 16 years of experience in Luxembourg. Prior to joining us he worked for more than 10 years in law firms in Luxembourg and more than 6 years as an in-house counsel in the asset management industry, both in Luxembourg.
Manfred is regular speaker on Luxembourg Fund and Asset Management topics and a member of the Real Estate Investment Funds (REIF) Sub Committee at ALFI. He is the main author of the sole commentary on Luxemburg investment funds laws.
- Rechtsanwalt Stuttgart
- List IV Luxembourg
- Introduction to and (currently only) translation into German of the Luxembourg Law of 23 July 2016 on Reserved Alternative Investment Funds (RAIF-Law), DE GRUYTER, December 2016
- Baur/Tappen, Investment Law, 3rd Edition, Volume 3, Investment Law Luxembourg (Original German Title: Baur/Tappen, Investmentgesetze 3. Auflage Band 3 Investmentrecht Luxemburg), DE GRUYTER, November 2015 (together with Nic Müller and Andrea München)
- Luxembourg Chapter of "Governance, Legal Guidelines for International Management", Palgrave Macmillan, October 2012 (together with Torsten Sauer)
- MENA Fund Manager, Eyes wide open – Manfred Dietrich discusses the common obstacles to UCITS distribution, February 2012
- Practical Law Company, Co-Author multi-jurisdictional guide to investment funds 2011/2012, Country Q&A Luxembourg, January 2012,
- Luxembourg Chapter of "Governance International: "Rechtsleitfaden für die Management-Praxis", Schäffer-Pöschel, October 2011 (together with Torsten Sauer)
- LFR (Luxembourg Fund Review) Nr. 17 July/August 2011, Distribution of UCITS in the Gulf Region (together with Valerie Mantot)
Wir laden Sie herzlich zu unserem Norton Rose Fulbright Luxembourg Funds Breakfast Briefing in unser Büro in München ein. .
26. Juli 2017
Welcome to the tenth edition of Global asset management quarterly..
September 04, 2018
Welcome to the ninth edition of Global asset management quarterly..
May 17, 2018
Global law firm Norton Rose Fulbright has advised Poland’s development bank, Bank Gospodarstwa Krajowego (“BGK”), on the launch of Marguerite II. This follows the successful investment strategy of Marguerite I..
December 15, 2017