As interest and investment in blockchain and distributed ledger technology (DLT) continues to grow, many businesses and governments are considering how this technology can be used for identity management and identity authentication purposes.
Implementation of DLT for identity purposes will not be without its challenges. For example, how should businesses address potential conflicts that may exist – in the context of identity applications - between data protection laws and inherent features of DLT?
We invite you to join our seminar which will explore some of the challenges that businesses and individuals may face and the regulatory and privacy-related issues that must be considered, not only when DLT is being used for purposes specifically connected to identity management and identity verification, but also across some of the other use cases that are being put forward for the technology.
The seminar will include presentations from our global distributed ledger and blockchain data protection specialists, Marcus Evans and Lara White and;
- Daniel Gabriel, Director of Legal Services: Finance, BPO and Blockchain Global Regulatory Lead at Accenture;
- Christine Leong, Managing Director and Blockchain Identity Lead, Accenture;
- Peter McBurney, Professor of Computer Science at Kings College London.
The presentations will be followed by a panel discussion with industry specialists (speakers tbc) and a Q&A session, where you will have the opportunity to ask our speakers any questions you may have.
- 3:30pm - Registration
- 4:00pm - Introductions and Presentation
- 4:45pm - Panel discussion
- 5:30pm - 7pm - Networking reception