People often report to more than one manager. These relationships play a crucial role in their ability to get things done at work. Understanding how best to work with those to whom you report by for example adapting your communication style can have a material impact on your success. We will discuss both the rationale behind upward management and the steps you can take to become more effective at it.
By the end of this session, you should:
- Appreciate the need to effectively manage upwards
- Understand the role / responsibilities of your manager(s) and current working relationships
- Be aware of the impact of different working and communication styles
- Have tips on how to adapt your behaviour to different management styles
- Have shared ideas on how to approach managing upwards and working with multiple managers.
For further information, please contact Francesca Whitehouse.