At this breakfast briefing we will be discussing takeover activity in the UK during 2017 and the outlook for 2018. Areas covered will include:
- key themes, trends and high profile transactions during the past year;
- the ongoing trend for competitive and hostile offers;
- formal sale processes and offers by controlling shareholders;
- UK to UK consolidation and securities exchange offers;
- government policy and changes to the Takeover Code; and
- the potential impact of Brexit.
Since 2015 our London corporate team has advised on over 30 offers with an aggregate value of more than ₤20 billion and during 2017 we were involved in a number of high profile deals, including advising SNC Lavalin on its offer for WS Atkins as well as the competitive bid battle for Revolution Bars. Interest from our international clients in UK listed assets remains high and we regularly advise bidders, target companies and financial advisers on many potential offers.
Registration and breakfast are from 08:15, with the seminar commencing at 08:30.