Keep up to speed with the big issues likely to affect in-house legal teams and join us for a morning seminar which will address some of the most significant developments we think you will face in 2018/2019.
This seminar is the latest in our series and has been designed to provide updates across all areas of your practice, including financial services, tax, corporate, pensions, data protection and employment, competition and disputes.
The half-day seminar will commence at 08:30am and finish by 12.30pm. Delegates will be invited to join members of the Norton Rose Fulbright LLP team for lunch.
It is anticipated that the programme will include the following updates from our experts (although the order of the sessions may change):
- The extension of the Senior Managers Certification Regime
- Brexit (from a financial services perspective)
- Update on tax and transparency – how to deal with the Criminal Finances Act and the Intermediaries Directive
- Round up of recent corporate governance developments
- Round up of recent company law developments
||The DWP’s consultation on a stronger pensions regulator (which will have a material impact on transactions)
- Oversight of corporate transactions
- Proposed improved regulator powers
- Anti-avoidance powers
|Data protection and employment
||Data subject access requests
- An overview
- Steps in the process for dealing with them
- New UK national security regime - who does it cover and what to expect?
- Merger control update - competition authorities take a stricter line on procedural issues
- Competition law in the UK post-Brexit - what will change and what will stay the same?
- The legal and practical issues that arise when purporting to terminate contracts
- When can innocent parties be caught out by waiver and estoppel? How to avoid this in practice
In-house legal and compliance teams across all industry sectors. This seminar is part of a series available to clients of Norton Rose Fulbright throughout the year. Further information is available on request.
To register for the workshop, please e-mail CorporateTraining@nortonrosefulbright.com stating the title and the date. Places are limited so please be aware that you are not guaranteed a place until you have received confirmation.
If you have any queries please contact Gill Prizeman on +44 (0)20 7444 3432 or email@example.com.
There is no charge for attending.