Norton Rose Fulbright Tanzania
180 Msasani Bay - Msasani
Dar es Salaam
Tanzania’s location makes it a natural hub for businesses seeking to invest not only in the abundant mineral, agricultural and energy resources of the East African region, but also the growing market of close to half a million consumers in the land-locked countries of East and Southern Africa that are accessed through Tanzanian’s ports, road and rail networks.
Our Tanzania practice consists of a team of internationally recognised legal lawyers. We are client-focused, delivering legal services in a commercial and responsive manner while maintaining the highest technical and ethical standards.
Our knowledge and experience of the business, legal and regulatory environment in Tanzania ensure that our clients receive legal advice and protections appropriate to the nature of their investment and the industry in which they operate.
Our clients are leaders in their fields and include major national and international clients ranging from corporations, governmental organisations, investment funds and financial institutions.
Our service to our clients has three elements:
- We know the industries in which our clients operate and have accumulated a vast amount of legal know-how. This saves you time and money when planning investments and structuring transactions in Tanzania. We have particular experience of advising and working with the following industry sectors: financial institutions; technology and communications; mining and commodities; agriculture; infrastructure; oil and gas.
- Like our clients, our lawyers have international experience and an international outlook.
- Our culture prizes long-term relationships with clients. By working closely and communicating openly with our clients we proactively manage risks and devise pragmatic solutions to the challenges of any transaction.
Legal knowledge, practical experience
As commercial lawyers we are positioned to help you solve the legal problems you are likely to encounter investing or doing business in Tanzania, many of which can be unexpected to the inexperienced:
- Country legal risk: we can help you mitigate country-specific risks including legal and practical issues concerning taking security, structuring, enforcing rights through local courts and international tribunals, investor protections and local legal practices.
- Governance: we can help to make sure that you achieve wider strategic and governance objectives while conforming to local laws and practices.
- Reputational risk: we know the markets and industries in which our clients operate and this means we can recommend appropriate protection against hidden reputational risks.
- Practicality in an imperfect world: the legal position in relation to complex transactions or products can sometimes be unclear. We guide our clients to find legally sound solutions that are also practical.